Crisis and suicide prevention: don’t let it become too late
Do you know when to seek help for yourself or a loved one? Please review warning signs for suicide below. If you or someone close to you has suicidal thoughts or feelings please call:
re:solve Crisis Network 1-888-7-YOU CAN (1-888-796-8226)
Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Veterans and their loved ones can call Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 and press 1
These hotlines are staffed with trained counselors and available 27/7, 365 days a year. Their services are free and confidential. Do not wait hoping that it would be OK tomorrow. If you experience suicidal thoughts or feelings, get help! If someone you know exhibits suicidal thoughts or feelings, offer help! Call Pittsburgh Suicide Prevention re:solve Crisis Network now. You can learn about them here.
WARNING SIGNS FOR SUICIDE
These signs may mean someone is at risk for suicide. Risk is greater if a behavior is new or has increased and if it seems related to a painful event, loss, or change. Seek help or offer help soon as possible if you or someone you know exhibits any of the following signs:
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
- Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
If you are able to drive please locate nearest emergency room below and go there or ask someone to help you get there.
re:solve Crisis Network 333 North Braddock Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15208 (Located near Point Breeze, Homewood, and Wilkinsburg, PA)
St. Clair Hospital Emergency Room 1000 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15243
Heritage Valley Beaver Emergency Room 1000 Dutch Ridge Road, Beaver, PA 15009
Heritage Valley Sewickley Emergency Room 720 Blackburn Road, Sewickley, PA 15143
The Washington Hospital Emergency Room 155 Wilson Avenue, Washington, PA 15301